If you did not know the biggest “hacker” conference is underway right now, BlackHat. Talks started today and end tomorrow followed by Defcon. Here is how I have been following along the action:
- Twitter search for #blackhat: Follow the #blackhat tag on Twitter for live tweeting and news on what is going on in BlackHat.
- BlackHat USA 2009 Media Archives for white papers and presentations is up. As more presentations get uploaded you will be able to see them or download the ppt at a minimum. Keep checking this page for updates.
- Wired.com Threat Level posts with BlackHat tag.
- Security Monkey Live Blog: BlackHat 2009 Day 1. Expect day 2 by following the blog.
Since there are many presentations and papers to go through these are the ones I have read so far and have found extra interesting:
- Core presentation on Deactivating the Rootkit has presentation and white paper.
- iPhone SMS hack. Here is Wired.com’s article. Paper is up and presentation is tomorrow.
- Security Monkey Live Blog: BlackHat 2009 Day 1.
- Chris John Riley’s Blackhat US – Roundup Day 1.
- HP researchers reveal details of browser based darknet. Presentation tomorrow, looking forward to seeing this.
- Last but not least, Real Black Hats Hack Security Experts on Eve of Black Hat 2009: the full hacker text is called ZF05.txt and is hosted here.
I will continue to follow and post my favorite papers and talks tomorrow.
Till Next Time,