As Black Hat comes to an end we will begin to see all of it’s content posted on the internet and have more than enough to read for the coming weeks. Today a lot has been released and I have filtered through most of the talks and presentations and would like to provide you with the best content organized in no order:
Apple iPhone and other GSM phone hack – This topic is hitting the news all over the place, here are the ones with the best content
- Live Blog: Blackhat 2009 Day 2 from Security Monkey <- Best information on this topic
- Introduction to the SMS hack the day prior to the presentation. Via ZDNet
- A good overview of the presentation from Threatpost.com
- SMS attack is not just for the iPhone from theiphoneblog.com
- Images of the iPhone and Sony Ericsoon hack from Information Week.
- Overview of Cloud Computing presentation by Alex Stamos via InformationWeek. Says the the term cloud computing is useless! Going to have to see this one for myself.
- Link to podcast
US Cyber Security – the government really wants hackers to work for them!
- Hackers: Uncle Sam wants you! via Internetnews.com
- US falling behind on catching up with Cyber Security via Internetnews.com
- Not part of Black Hat but have you heard of the US Cyber Security challenge? Three challenges aimed at recruiting the top 10,000 US Hackers!
- Summary of presentation to spoof SSL certificates by Moxie via the Register
- Video by Moxie on More Tricks for Defeating SSL same presentation as previous.
- PKI Hack Demonstrates flaws in digital certificate technology via darkreading.com presentation was by Dan Kaminsky
- Verisign response to both SSL presentations.
- Bonus blog by Schneier on new AES Attack
Parking Meters Hacked
- San Francisco parking meters hacked via PC World
- Second good article via cnet news, this one has pictures
- “Smart” Parking Meter Implementations, Globalism, and You presentation via crypto.nsa.org.
- Pictures of presentation and small explanations thanks to PC World.
- The Pwnie Award Winners
- Mac OS X Rootkit Debuts via InformationWeek. Only a proof of concept.
- Jeremiah Grossman presentation on Mo’ Money Mo’ Problems – Making even more money online the black hat way
Other full day roundups and blogs
- Network World NetFlash: Black Hat roundup (has repeat content from here, all links are NetworkWorld.com)
- Security4all Blog: Day 2 collection of #blackhat articles Also some repeat content.
- Follow live pictures from the event via TwitPicWall.
When you are done catching up come back as DefCon is just getting started and more content will be posted as the conferences wrap up.
Till next time,