South Florida has a great Information Security community with different organizations targeting different aspects of the field. 2010 promises many good InfoSec events, conferences, and meetings in the area.
Here is my list of South Florida Information Security events with the name, date, and topic:
- South Florida ISACA 3rd Annual WOW! Event – January 15, 2010 – Security and Governance
- Hack Miami – January 16, 2010 and every other Saturday – Hacker Space
- South Florida ISSA January 2010 Meeting – January 21, 2010 and every 3rd Thursday of the month – Best Practices for Security Incident and Case Management
- South Florida OWASP January 2010 Meeting – January 27, 2010 – Zeus Botnet Research Presentation
- SANS 2010 – March 6-15, 2010 – InfoSec Training
- 2010 Bank Info-Security Group Conference – April 12-15, 2010 – Banking InfoSec
- 22nd Annual FIRST Conference – June 13-18, 2010 – Forensics
Seven events already planned and the year is just getting started! Note that South Florida ISSA, OWASP, and Hack Miami have one or two events each month.
If I am missing any other InfoSec related event in the South Florida area please let me know.
Till next time,